7 REASONS WHY EVERYONE NEEDS A COACH- DAN V. FORBES
I was over 40 years old before I hired my first coach. I didn’t think I needed a coach. What a mistake that I waited so long.
Now, I’ve come to believe that everyone needs a coach. Yet, even as I write this I realize that my clients are not necessarily those who need a coach, but those who “want” a coach.
See if any of these reasons resonate with you.
2. You want to resolve uncertainty. Life and organizations face many twists and turns. Uncertainty abounds. In your career, mastering collaboration, changing priorities, and increased responsibility creates uncertainty. In your life, major decisions are frequent. A coach helps you navigate through uncertainty.
3. You want to reach your goals faster. I often say that I believe you can accomplish anything you want all by yourself. But then I say, “Coaching accelerates your success.” What is it costing you to take the slow route? What would it be like to accomplish your goals faster?
4. You want to be a better leader. Leadership has evolved from a command-and-control style to something that requires you to inspire others. Leadership is no longer a position. It’s something you earn by your ability to influence others. Working with a Coach who understands this can help you lead better.
5. You want to reduce stress and gain balance. Almost everyone one of my clients cites this as a goal. Life isn’t getting any slower and the demands of work and home continue to grow. Learning to deal with stress in a healthy way leads to greater productivity and happiness.
6. You want to solve a problem or seize and opportunity. Coaching helps you identify your biggest challenges or opportunities. You’ll focus on the things that will have the greatest impact in your life.
7. You want to overcome blindspots. The trouble with blindspots is that we can’t see them by ourselves. And, often others are afraid to bring them to our attention. Your coach will tell you the truth and help you identify and overcome the blindspots that are holding you back.
“I don’t need a coach,” you might say. I won’t argue with you. You’re probably right.
My best clients say, “I don’t need a coach, but I want a coach.” That’s where the magic happens.
Now, I’ve come to believe that everyone needs a coach. Yet, even as I write this I realize that my clients are not necessarily those who need a coach, but those who “want” a coach.
See if any of these reasons resonate with you.
Why Everyone Needs A Coach
1. You want to make some significant change. We naturally resist change even when we know it’s good for us. A coach is uniquely trained and suited to help you make needed change in life, business, career, relationships, and quality of life.2. You want to resolve uncertainty. Life and organizations face many twists and turns. Uncertainty abounds. In your career, mastering collaboration, changing priorities, and increased responsibility creates uncertainty. In your life, major decisions are frequent. A coach helps you navigate through uncertainty.
3. You want to reach your goals faster. I often say that I believe you can accomplish anything you want all by yourself. But then I say, “Coaching accelerates your success.” What is it costing you to take the slow route? What would it be like to accomplish your goals faster?
4. You want to be a better leader. Leadership has evolved from a command-and-control style to something that requires you to inspire others. Leadership is no longer a position. It’s something you earn by your ability to influence others. Working with a Coach who understands this can help you lead better.
5. You want to reduce stress and gain balance. Almost everyone one of my clients cites this as a goal. Life isn’t getting any slower and the demands of work and home continue to grow. Learning to deal with stress in a healthy way leads to greater productivity and happiness.
6. You want to solve a problem or seize and opportunity. Coaching helps you identify your biggest challenges or opportunities. You’ll focus on the things that will have the greatest impact in your life.
7. You want to overcome blindspots. The trouble with blindspots is that we can’t see them by ourselves. And, often others are afraid to bring them to our attention. Your coach will tell you the truth and help you identify and overcome the blindspots that are holding you back.
“I don’t need a coach,” you might say. I won’t argue with you. You’re probably right.
My best clients say, “I don’t need a coach, but I want a coach.” That’s where the magic happens.


Comments
Post a Comment