FAILURE IS NOT FINAL

Have you ever failed at something? If yes, then congratulations! If no, then watch out! Failure at one time is inevitable.

Check out the following words from some notable individuals, who at one time in their lives had to contend with failure and kept bouncing back:

1. KYLE ROTE
“There is no doubt in my mind that there are many ways to be a winner, but there is really only one way to be a loser, and that is to fail and not look beyond the failure.”

2. JOHN C. MAXWELL
“You are the only person who determines (or label) what you do a failure. Your perception of and response to your mistakes determine whether your actions are failures.”

3. BOB GASS
“Everybody fails. The winners are just the ones that keep getting back up again. Failure is like a fertilizer. It’s the stuff success grows in.”

4. GRANTLAND RICE
“Failure isn’t so bad if it doesn’t attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn’t go up to the head.”

5. THOMAS EDISON
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”

6. H. STANLEY JUDD
“Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s okay to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.”

7. PAUL J. MEYERS
“Ninety percent of all those who fail are not actually defeated. They simply quit.”

8. ELOISE RISTAAL
“When we give ourselves permission to fail, we at the same time give ourselves permission to excel. You can’t experience one without the other.”

9. HERBERT V. BROCKNOW
“The person who never makes a mistake takes his orders from the one who does.”

10. EMMA BOMBECK
“What you have to tell yourself is, ‘I’m not a failure. I just fail at doing something. There is a difference.’”

Most often, we make the fatal mistake of regarding failure as the end of our positive pursuits! The good news is, FAILURE IS NOT FINAL! It doesn’t mean you can’t try again! A bend in the road does not necessarily mean the end of the road. In fact, failure gives you the opportunity to start over or continue your quest with RENEWED interest, REALISTIC determination, REVIVED commitment, and REVITILIZED discipline to actualize your dreams!

Maybe you still doubt me. I want you to read the following preface by Bob Gass in his book, STARTING OVER:

“Failing doesn’t mean I’m a failure; it just means that I have not yet succeeded.
It doesn’t mean I’ve accomplished nothing; it just means that I’ve learned something.
It doesn’t I’ve been a fool; it just means I’ve been had the courage to take a risk.
It doesn’t mean I’m inferior; it just means I’m not perfect.
It doesn’t mean I’ve wasted my time; it just means I have a reason to start over.
It doesn’t mean I should give up; it just means I have to try harder.
It doesn’t mean I’ll never make it; it just means I need more patience.
It doesn’t mean God has abandoned me; it just means He has a better idea.
I am not a failure!

Make this affirmation every day, and commit it to memory, so that whenever failure comes knocking, you’ll be ready for it.

You will succeed!

Comments

Popular Posts