LIGHT-BEARERS

I caught up with Dave after a very long time. I was quick to remind him of his promise to send in the concluding part of the Light Series. The following week, he sent me this mail:

Dear Steve,
I am very sorry I couldn’t get back to you all these while. I believe I owe your esteemed readers the concluding part of the series.

Well, do you know what Jesus meant with those words when he said, “Let your light shine…?” this is the logic: Our lights are our unique potentials, capabilities, and God-given resources we can harness to create a useful life of service to God and to humankind.

Rick Warren, in his book, The Purpose-Driven Life, stated that our potentials comprise of our unique shapes given to us by God. According to him, our shape includes the following:
                S- Spiritual gifts
                H-Heart desires
                A- Abilities
                P-Personality
                E-Experiences

You can use these variables, one way or the other to impact your world in the most effective and efficient way. That is, you can maximize your leadership potential if you put your God-given SHAPE to positive use.

Can everybody be a leader? Yes, of course! Listen to John Quincy Adams, a former American president, on leadership:
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
That means you and I are leaders, even if we do not hold any formal leadership position! As long as you can influence, impact and/or inspire others (with your words, actions and resources) to become what God intended them to be, you are a leader!

Let’s read Matthew 5. 14-16. In the Message paraphrase, Jesus emphasized the following points:
                -  You are here to be LIGHT, bringing out God-colours in the world;
                -God is not a secret to be kept. You must go public with this, as public as a city on a hill;
                -As a LIGHT-BEARER, you cannot hide your light;
                -God has placed us on light stands (pedestals) on hill tops;
                -Now that God has placed you on a light stand, you are to SHINE;
                -Keep an open house (i.e. be generous with your resources); and
                -By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God.

I am sure you’ll find it very interesting that God depends on us totally to:
                -heal the world;
                -make the world a better place to live;
                -wipe away people’s tears;
                -put smiles on people’s faces;
                -encourage people to know God;
                -teach, inspire and motivate them; and
                -keep on shining as lights.

Remember this:
                The only way you can really find, follow and fulfill your God-given purpose is to function effectively as a LIGHT-BEARER.

     “Arise… Let your light shine for all to see. For the glory of the LORD rises to shine on you."
                -Isaiah 60.1 NLT



Stephen


NB.
This is the last part of the LIGHT SERIES. Click on the links below to get the other parts:
Part 1- The Light Principle
Part 2- Shining Lights
Part 3- Little Lights


Follow me on twitter
Join me on facebook

Comments

Popular Posts