FEAR-FIGHTERS
Do you know that fear is the greatest obstacle to self-achievement and success in life?
According to John Mason, “Most of us are living our fears while we should be living our dreams.” That is to say, majority of us have allowed fear to dominate and control our lives, and it has kept us from reaching our destinies.
Let’s face it. Fear is REAL, inevitable and unavoidable! Bob Gass says, “Whether you’re trying to rebuild your life, your marriage, or your career, you’ll always have to deal with fear.” In 2 Timothy 3.1, Paul the apostle told us, “know this, that in the last days, critical times hard to deal with will be here.” But Jesus Christ had assured us, “In the world you are having tribulation, but take courage! I have overcome the world” (John 16.33 NWT).
What then is the key or solution to combating our fears? I believe all we need to do is to face and fight our fears with faith and courage!
Bob Gass suggested the following seven (7) ‘fear-fighters’ which we can meditate on regularly and commit to memory. I have paraphrased them so that we can use each one for each day of the week.
Day 1: COURAGE
“Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not suffer shock or be terrified, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1.9).
Day 2: HOLY SPIRIT
“For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people (or situations), but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them” (2 Timothy 1.7 NLT).
Day 3: TRUST
“He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord. Trust in the Lord God always, for in the Lord Jehovah is your everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26.3,4 NLT).
Day 4: PROTECTION
“Do not be afraid, for the Lord will go before you and will be with you; he will not fail nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31.8 NLT).
Day 5: CONFIDENCE
“But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting in Him, what can mere man do to me?” (Psalms 56.4 NLT).
Day 6: PEACE
“I am leaving you with a gift, that is, peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14.27 NLT).
Day 7: FAITH
“To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see” (Hebrews 11.1 GNB).
Whether you face fear constantly or occasionally, it is always comforting to know that YOU ARE INSURED IF YOU WILL HAVE THE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE AND FAITH TO CONFRONT IT.
As you go through each day, know this: FEARFUL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COME, BUT THEY CANNOT AND WILL NOT AFFECT YOU IF YOU DON’T ALLOW THEM TO.
Remember,
WE MIGHT NOT KNOW WHAT TOMORROW HOLDS, BUT WE SURELY KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW!
Receive the courage to face your fears with faith>
I love you.
According to John Mason, “Most of us are living our fears while we should be living our dreams.” That is to say, majority of us have allowed fear to dominate and control our lives, and it has kept us from reaching our destinies.
Let’s face it. Fear is REAL, inevitable and unavoidable! Bob Gass says, “Whether you’re trying to rebuild your life, your marriage, or your career, you’ll always have to deal with fear.” In 2 Timothy 3.1, Paul the apostle told us, “know this, that in the last days, critical times hard to deal with will be here.” But Jesus Christ had assured us, “In the world you are having tribulation, but take courage! I have overcome the world” (John 16.33 NWT).
What then is the key or solution to combating our fears? I believe all we need to do is to face and fight our fears with faith and courage!
Bob Gass suggested the following seven (7) ‘fear-fighters’ which we can meditate on regularly and commit to memory. I have paraphrased them so that we can use each one for each day of the week.
Day 1: COURAGE
“Have I not commanded you? Be courageous and strong. Do not suffer shock or be terrified, for Jehovah your God is with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1.9).
Day 2: HOLY SPIRIT
“For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people (or situations), but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them” (2 Timothy 1.7 NLT).
Day 3: TRUST
“He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord. Trust in the Lord God always, for in the Lord Jehovah is your everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26.3,4 NLT).
Day 4: PROTECTION
“Do not be afraid, for the Lord will go before you and will be with you; he will not fail nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31.8 NLT).
Day 5: CONFIDENCE
“But when I am afraid, I will put my confidence in you. Yes, I will trust the promises of God. And since I am trusting in Him, what can mere man do to me?” (Psalms 56.4 NLT).
Day 6: PEACE
“I am leaving you with a gift, that is, peace of mind and heart! And the peace I give isn’t fragile like the peace the world gives. So don’t be troubled or afraid” (John 14.27 NLT).
Day 7: FAITH
“To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see” (Hebrews 11.1 GNB).
Whether you face fear constantly or occasionally, it is always comforting to know that YOU ARE INSURED IF YOU WILL HAVE THE COURAGE, CONFIDENCE AND FAITH TO CONFRONT IT.
As you go through each day, know this: FEARFUL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL COME, BUT THEY CANNOT AND WILL NOT AFFECT YOU IF YOU DON’T ALLOW THEM TO.
Remember,
WE MIGHT NOT KNOW WHAT TOMORROW HOLDS, BUT WE SURELY KNOW WHO HOLDS TOMORROW!
Receive the courage to face your fears with faith>
I love you.

Comments
Post a Comment